CET6 TEM4 CET4 考 研
- radioactive (adj.)
- 1898, from French radio-actif, coined by Pierre and Marie Curie from radio-, comb. form of Latin radius (see radiation) + actif "active" (see active).
- 1. The waste is safely locked away until it is no longer radioactive.
- 2. The government has been storing radioactive waste at Fernald for 50 years.
- 3. Wine is radioactive but few people stop drinking it on that account.
- 4. They were exposed to radioactive fallout during nuclear weapons tests.
- 5. The government declared that it did not dump radioactive waste at sea.
[ radioactive 造句 ]