e-, 向外。-vince,胜利，词源同victory,convince. 词义与evict在18世纪前没有差别，后指显示，表明。
- evince: see evict
- evince (v.)
- c. 1600, "disprove, confute," from French évincer "disprove, confute," from Latin evincere "conquer, overcome subdue, vanquish, prevail over; elicit by argument, prove," from assimilated form of ex- "out" (see ex-) + vincere "overcome" (see victor). Meaning "show clearly" is late 18c. Not clearly distinguished from its doublet, evict, until 18c. Related: Evinced; evinces; evincing; evincible.
- 1. She at last condescended to evince awareness of his proximity.
- 2. Thirdly, Live life without fear, confront all obstacles and evince that you can overcome them.
- 第三, 活着,便不要畏惧, 要勇于面对一切生活的磨难,并且表明你能够克服他们.
- 3. For people of a certain age, such anecdotes might evince something like nostalgia.
- 对于某个年龄层的人, 像这样的轶事令人有怀旧的感觉.
[ evince 造句 ]