- viceroy (n.)
- person ruling as representative of a sovereign, 1520s, from Middle French vice-roy, from Old French vice- "deputy" (see vice-) + roi "king," from Latin regem (nominative rex); see rex. The species of American butterfly so called from 1881.
- 1. When Britain ruled India, the British King was represented there by a viceroy.
- 在英国统治印度时期, 英国国王的代表是驻在当地的总督.
- 2. Mr Amery telegraphed in this sense to the Viceroy on the same day.
- 3. Without the viceroy, they will be lost and confused.
- 没有了总督, 他们就会乱作一团.
- 4. How do you think this trade viceroy will deal with the chancellor's demands?
- 贸易总督会怎样回应首相的要求 呢 ?
- 5. Be thankful, Viceroy, you have not found yourself in my grip, your ship is waiting.
- 很感激你总督, 你并没有发觉你也我的掌握之中, 你们的飞船正在等着呢.
[ viceroy 造句 ]