- n. 桶架；构台；起重机架（复数gantries）
词源不详。可能来自词根cant, 弯，转，词源同cantilever, decant. 即伸出的架子，塔架。
- gantry: see gallon
- gantry (n.)
- also gauntree, 1570s, "four-footed stand for a barrel," probably from Old North French gantier (Old French chantier, 13c., "store-room, stock-room"), from Latin cantherius "rafter, frame," also "a gelding," from Greek kanthelios "pack ass," which is related to kanthelion "rafter," of unknown origin. The connecting notion in all this seems to be framework for carrying things. Meaning "frame for a crane, etc." is from 1810. Railway signal sense attested by 1889. Derivation from tree (n.) + gawn "small bucket," an obsolete 16c. contraction of gallon, might be folk-etymology.
- 1. On top of the gantry the American flag flew.
- 2. If the site is small, it may be commanded by a gantry crane.
- 假如场地小, 则可采用龙门式吊车进行操作.
- 3. To be positioned and handled by hatch cover gantry crane.
- 4. Gantry mode movement to make sure long - time use and high precision.
- 5. The current main gantry at Wallops Flight Facility, this is Pad 0 B.
- 目前主要在沃洛普斯龙门飞行设施, 这是垫0B大小.
[ gantry 造句 ]