- cubbyhole: see cove
- cubbyhole (n.)
- 1825, the first element possibly from a diminutive of cub "stall, pen, cattle shed, coop, hutch" (1540s), a dialect word with apparent cognates in Low German (such as East Frisian kubbing, Dutch kub). Or related to cuddy "small room, cupboard" (1793), originally "small cabin in a boat" (1650s), from Dutch kajuit, from French cahute. Or perhaps simply a children's made-up word.
- 1. This is my office, my little cubbyhole.
- 2. My office is a cubbyhole in the basement.
- 3. Cubby : A small room; a cubbyhole; a small secluded room; a small compartment.
- 有小房间, 小隔间(橱),隐蔽的小房间, 等等意思. 具体翻译要看上下文而定.
- 4. A small compartment or recess , as in a desk, for holding papers a cubbyhole.
- 鸽笼式分类架,信件架,文件格小隔间或凹室, 如桌子里, 用来放文件;格架.
[ cubbyhole 造句 ]