- n. 鞭打；皮带材料；裹伤胶带
- adj. 魁梧的；高大健壮的
- v. 用带捆扎；约束，束缚（strap的现在分词）
strap,鞭打，抽打，-ing,动名词后缀。引申形容词词义巨大的，高大的。由暴力行为引申俚语 词义巨大的，令人吃惊的等，比较 fucking,spanking,whopping.
- strapping (adj.)
- "tall and sturdy, robust," originally applied to women, 1650s, from present participle of strap (v.). Compare similar senses of whopping, spanking, bouncing and other present participle adjectives of violent action expressing something large in size.
- 1. The messenger bent and scratched at his knee where the strapping chafed.
- 2. Strapping the skis on the roof, we boarded the hovercraft in Dover.
- 3. He was a bricklayer—a big, strapping fellow.
- 4. He's a strapping lad — already bigger than his father.
- 5. The carer will have to do all the work: placing the patient on the seat, strapping him in, taking him off again at the top.
[ strapping 造句 ]