- vt. 殴打；用虫胶清漆涂刷；使大败；给涂上虫胶清漆
- n. 虫胶；虫漆
来自 shell,壳，lac,虫胶，词源同 lacquer.
- shellac (n.)
- 1713, from shell (n.) + lac (see lacquer). Translates French laque en écailles "lac in thin plates."
- shellac (v.)
- 1876, from shellack (n.). The slang sense of "beat soundly" is 1920s, perhaps from the notion of shellac as a "finish." Shellacked "drunk" is from 1922 (compare plastered). Related: Shellacking.
- 1. The coating was a mixture of shellac and alcohol.
- 2. Shellac also happened to be an effective electrical insulator.
- 3. She wanted to shellac the desk to protect it from water spots.
- 4. Butea gum is also called shellac , insect lac, etc.
- “紫铆”又名紫矿,还有紫梗 、 紫草茸 、 虫胶等名.
- 5. A lot of the shellac came off in my mouth tonight.
[ shellac 造句 ]