- n. 悟性；理解能力；懂行（的人）
- vt. 理解；懂
- vi. 理解；知道
加勒比混杂英语，借自法语 savez-vous,是否知道，来自 savez,知道，词源同 savant,vous,你， 词源同 rendezvous.电影《加勒比海盗》中杰克船长口头禅。
- savvy: see sapient
- savvy (n.)
- 1785, "practical sense, intelligence;" also a verb, "to know, to understand;" West Indies pidgin borrowing of French savez(-vous)? "do you know?" or Spanish sabe (usted) "you know," both from Vulgar Latin *sapere, from Latin sapere "be wise, be knowing" (see sapient). The adjective is first recorded 1905, from the noun. Related: Savvily; savviness.
- 1. He is known for his political savvy and strong management skills.
- 2. She was a pretty savvy woman.
- 3. Where's your savvy?
- 4. Keep your mouth shut! Savvy?
- 闭上嘴! 懂 吗 ?
- 5. But this time, they are adopting more politically - savvy strategies.
[ savvy 造句 ]