来自汉语筷子的半翻译。chop, 来自汉语快，stick, 棍子。
- chopstick:  A chopstick is literally a ‘quick stick’. The element chop occurs more recognizably in chop-chop ‘quickly’; it is a Pidgin English modification of Cantonese Chinese gap ‘urgent’. ‘Quick stick’ is a rather free translation of the Chinese term for ‘chopsticks’, Cantonese kuàizi, literally ‘fast ones, nimble ones’.
- chopstick (n.)
- also chop-stick, 1690s, sailors' partial translation of Chinese k'wai tse, variously given as "fast ones" or "nimble boys," first element from pidgin English chop, from Cantonese kap "urgent." Chopsticks, the two-fingered piano exercise, is first attested 1893, probably from the resemblance of the fingers to chopsticks.
- 1. The chopstick I poked your arm with is on the floor.
- 2. A 20 - year old tree could produce 3000 - 4000 pairs of chopstick.
- 3. Wife: No ! I don't want it because your chopstick touch it.
- 老婆: 你的脏筷子碰过的,谁吃!
- 4. Soak disposable chopstick in hot water before use to release carbon dioxide.
- 5. He put the chopstick and watched as the bee dried out.
[ chopstick 造句 ]