前缀a-同ab-, 从，从...离开。vocation, 职业。即偏离主业。
- avocation (n.)
- 1520s, "a calling away from one's occupation," from Latin avocationem (nominative avocatio) "a calling away, distraction, diversion," noun of action from past participle stem of avocare, from ab- "off, away from" (see ab-) + vocare "to call" (see voice (n.)).
- 1. Make authorship your avocation, not your vocation.
- 把写作当作你的副业, 不要把它当作正业.
- 2. He was a printer by trade and naturalist by avocation.
- 3. He is a doctor by profession and a novelist by avocation.
- 4. Learning foreign languages is just an avocation with me.
- 5. My uncle, an accountant, composes music as an avocation.
- 我叔叔是一位会计师, 作曲是他的嗜好.
[ avocation 造句 ]