CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
来自alchemy, 炼金术，炼丹术，来自PIE*gheu, 倾注，词源同foundry, 铸造厂。现代科学意义上的化学脱胎于古老的炼金术。
- chemist (n.)
- 1560s, chymist, "alchemist," from Middle French chimiste, from Medieval Latin chimista, reduced from alchimista (see alchemy). Modern spelling is from c. 1790. Meaning "chemical scientist" is from 1620s; meaning "dealer in medicinal drugs" (mostly in British English) is from 1745.
- 1. She worked as a research chemist.
- 2. Chemist stores upped sales by 63 percent.
- 3. There's a chemist's shop not a hundred miles from Dumfries.
- 4. A chemist can separate a medicine into its components.
- 5. A chemist can isolate the oxygen from the hydrogen in water.
[ chemist 造句 ]