CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
来自拉丁语 situs,位置，地方，地点，过去分词格于 sinere,放置，放下，来自 PIE*tkei,建立， 安置，安家，来自*kei,躺下，卧下，词源同 home,city.引申词义站点，网站等。
- site (n.)
- "place or position occupied by something," especially with reference to environment, late 14c., from Anglo-French site, Old French site "place, site; position," and directly from Latin situs "a place, position, situation, location, station; idleness, sloth, inactivity; forgetfulness; the effects of neglect," from past participle of sinere "let, leave alone, permit," from PIE *si-tu-, from root *tkei- "to settle, dwell, be home" (see home (n.)).
- site (v.)
- "to give a location to, place," 1590s, from site (n.). Related: Sited; siting.
- 1. Rue Guynemer begins at the front of the Fitzgerald site.
- 2. Houston was chosen as the site for the convention.
- 3. A guide gives a brief talk on the history of the site.
- 4. Stimulate the site of greatest pain with a small negative current.
- 5. Its headquarters will soon be relocated from Westminster to the Greenwich site.
[ site 造句 ]