CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
sub-,在下，-mit,送出，放置，词源同 emit,mission,surmise.即放在下面的，引申比喻义屈服， 投降，及引申义提交，递呈供上级决定等。
- submit (v.)
- late 14c., "to place (oneself) under the control of another, to yield oneself," from Latin submittere "to yield, lower, let down, put under, reduce," from sub "under" (see sub-) + mittere "let go, send" (see mission). Transitive sense of "refer to another for consideration" first recorded 1550s. Related: Submitted; submitting.
- 1. I had asked everyone to submit questions in advance of the meeting.
- 2. The students must submit themselves to the disciplines at school.
- 3. He was losing the fight but he would not submit.
- 4. Never submit to a threat.
- 5. I will not submit to such treatment.
[ submit 造句 ]