grid, 炉栅，网格，词源同grate. iron, 铁。
- gridiron (n.)
- cooking utensil for broiling over a fire, early 14c., griderne, alteration (by association with iron) of gridire (late 13c.), a variant of gridil (see griddle). Confusion of "l" and "r" was common in Norman dialect. Also a medieval instrument of torture by fire. As the word for a U.S. football field, by 1896, for its lines.
- 1. His name was on the gridiron at Westminster.
- 2. They laid the prisoner on the gridiron.
- 3. He is the greatest quarterback in gridiron history.
- 4. She turned a cake on the gridiron.
- 5. Gridiron grind is our September promotion that is football related. What's better than poker and football?
- 橄榄球赛场促销活动时我们九月的促销活动,与足球有关.什么比扑克和足球更好 呢 ?
[ gridiron 造句 ]