- obviate (v.)
- 1590s, "to meet and do away with," from Late Latin obviatus, past participle of obviare "act contrary to, go against," from Latin obvius "that is in the way, that moves against" (see obvious). Related: Obviated; obviating.
- 1. This deferral would obviate pressure on the rouble exchange rate.
- 2. The use of a solicitor trained as a mediator would obviate the need for independent legal advice.
- 3. We tried to obviate the necessity of beginning again.
- 4. To obviate misunderstanding, state Directions in the most lucid way possible.
- 为了避免误解, 尽可能明白地说明.
- 5. To diagnose and obviate equipment malfunction.
[ obviate 造句 ]