CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
- persecute: see sequence
- persecute (v.)
- mid-15c., "to oppress for the holding of a belief or opinion," from Middle French persécuter "pursue, torment, open legal action" (14c.), from Latin persecutus, past participle of persequi "to pursue" (see persecution). Related: Persecuted; persecuting.
- 1. They persecute those who do not conform to their ideas.
- 2. If he had determined to persecute her he must take the consequences.
- 3. Attack me! Hurt me! Torture me! Humiliate me! Mistreat me! Persecute me!
- 打击我吧! 伤害我吧! 折磨我吧! 羞辱我吧! 虐待我吧! 迫害我吧!
- 4. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
- 逼迫你们的,要给他们祝福.只要祝福, 不可咒诅.
- 5. Hitler's undisguised effort to persecute the Jews met with world - wide condemnation.
[ persecute 造句 ]