- vi. 工作过度
- vt. 工作过度
- n. 过度工作
1. over- "beyond, above normal" + work.
- overwork (v.)
- "to cause to work too hard," 1520s, from over- + work (v.). Old English oferwyrcan meant "to work all over," i.e. "to decorate the whole surface of." Related: Overworked; overworking.
- overwork (n.)
- "work beyond a person's strength," 1819; see overwork (v.). Old English oferweorc meant "a superstructure, sarcophagus, tomb."
- 1. He died of a heart attack brought on by overwork.
- 2. He became ill through overwork.
- 3. The doctor said I must cut overwork out.
- 4. Her illness was induced by overwork.
- 5. He was exhausted by overwork.
[ overwork 造句 ]