- n. 硫酸，[无化] 硫酸盐；尖刻的话
- vt. 用硫酸处理；用尖刻的话伤害
- vitriol (n.)
- late 14c., "sulphate of iron," from Old French vitriol (13c.), from Medieval Latin vitriolum "vitriol," noun use of neuter of vitriolus, variant of Late Latin vitreolus "of glass," from Latin vitreus "of glass, glassy," from vitrum "glass" (see vitreous). So called from its glassy appearance in certain states. Meaning "bitter or caustic feelings" first attested 1769, in reference to the corrosive properties of vitriol (when heated it produces sulfuric acid, formerly called oil of vitriol).
- 1. The vitriol he hurled at members of the press knew no bounds.
- 2. He has been no stranger to controversy and vitriol during a tumultuous political career.
- 3. His attack on the government was pure vitriol.
- 4. Methods: The content of polysaccharides was detected by phenol - vitriol colorimetry method.
- 方法: 以苯酚 - 硫酸比色法测定多糖的含量.
- 5. D . O . V. ( double oil of vitriol )
- 浓硫酸 ( 商名 )
[ vitriol 造句 ]