- n. 财富；富有；房地产（rich的复数）
- n. (Riches)人名；(意)里凯斯；(英)里奇斯
来自中古英语 riches,财富，富有，来自 riche 的复数形式，词源同 rich.
- riches (n.)
- "valued possessions, money, property," c. 1200, modified from richesse (12c.), a singular form misunderstood as a plural, from Old French richesse, richece "wealth, opulence, splendor, magnificence," from riche (see rich (adj.)). The Old French suffix -esse is from Latin -itia, added to adjectives to form nouns of quality (compare fortress).
- 1. His was a rags-to-riches story and people admire that.
- 2. Some people want fame or riches — I just wanted a baby.
- 3. An Olympic gold medal can lead to untold riches for an athlete.
- 4. a career that brought him fame and riches
- 5. Health without riches is preferable to riches without health.
[ riches 造句 ]