1、con- "with" + sign- + -ment.
2、字面含义为：sealing with a sign, mark with a sign.
- consignment (n.)
- 1560s, "sealing with a sign," from consign + -ment. Meaning "delivering over" is from 1660s; especially of goods, for the sake of sale or auction, from c. 1700. Meaning "quantity of goods so assigned" is recorded from 1720s.
- 1. The first consignment of food has already left Bologna.
- 2. a consignment of medicines
- 3. This last consignment of hosiery is quite up to standard.
- 4. The salesman sorted his new consignment of stockings.
- 5. We have to ask you to dispatch the consignment immediately.
[ consignment 造句 ]