CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
来自拉丁语 sedere,坐下，词源同 sit,seat.-ment,名词后缀。引申比喻义沉积物，沉淀物。
- sediment: see session
- sediment (n.)
- 1540s, "matter which settles at the bottom of water or other liquid," from Middle French sédiment (16c.) and directly from Latin sedimentum "a settling, sinking down," from stem of sedere "to settle, sit" (see sedentary).
- 1. The sediment settled and the water was clear.
- 2. The sediment of coffee will settle.
- 3. Many organisms that die in the sea are soon buried by sediment.
- 4. Deposition is the laying down of sediment that has been transported.
- 5. They sediment toward the bottom of the centrifuge tube at a velocity.
[ sediment 造句 ]