- n. [脊椎] 黑貂；黑貂皮；丧服
- adj. 黑的；黑貂皮的；昏暗的
- n. (Sable)人名；(英)塞布尔
2. 福特水星旗下的汽车品牌：水星的蒙迪欧中型轿车（Montego）相比水星的黑貂 （ Sable ）是一个重大提升，并且将最终取代 Sable 。Montego使用了Volvo的技术，为驾驶者提供了良好的操作性和舒适的驾乘体验。
3. 星际战士军团史：帝国之拳：叛乱的刺客庭导师被一支由帝国之拳，光晕之友（Halo Brethren）以及暗夜之剑（Sable Swords）三个战团组成的星际战士部队追杀至死。只有一名星际战士在这次战斗中幸存下来。
来自古法语 sable,黑貂，貂皮，最终来自斯拉夫语系某语言，比较俄罗斯语和捷克语 sobol.
- sable:  The sable, an animal like a large weasel with valuable fur, lives in northern Europe and Asia, and its name reflects where it comes from – for it is of Slavic origin, related to Russian sóbol’. It came west with the fur trade, and was borrowed into medieval Latin as sabellum. From there it made its way into English via Old French sable.
- sable (n.1)
- "fur or pelt of the European sable" (Martes zibellina), early 15c., from Middle French sable (also martre sable "sable martin"), in reference to the mammal or its fur, borrowed in Old French from Germanic (Middle Dutch sabel, Middle Low German sabel, Middle High German zobel), ultimately from a Slavic source (compare Russian, Czech sobol, Polish soból, the name of the animal), "which itself is borrowed from an East-Asiatic language" [Klein], but Russian sources (such as Vasmer) find none of the proposed candidates satisfactory.
- sable (n.2)
- "black" as a heraldic color, early 14c., commonly identified with sable (n.1), but the animal's fur is brown and this may be a different word of unknown origin; or it might reflect a medieval custom (unattested) of dyeing sable fur black. As an adjective from late 14c. Emblematic of mourning or grief from c. 1600; c. 1800 as "black" with reference to Africans and their descendants, often with mock dignity.
- 1. I was silly to get out in the cold without my sable coat.
- 2. " ON A FIELD , SABLE, THE LETTER A , GULES "
- “ 一片墨黑的土地, 一个血红的A字. ”
来自英汉文学 - 红字
- 3. Artists'brushes are sometimes made of sable.
- 4. Last night you looked so fabulous in that wonderful full - length sable coat.
- 5. How can I determine a dachshund has the sable pattern?
[ sable 造句 ]