- mêlée: see mix
- melee (n.)
- 1640s, from French mêlée, from Old French meslee "brawl, confused fight; mixture, blend" (12c.), noun use of fem. past participle of mesler "to mix, mingle" (see meddle). See also medley. Borrowed in Middle English as melle but lost and then reborrowed 17c.
- 1. A policeman was killed and scores of people were injured in the melee.
- 2. There was a scuffle and I lost my hat in the melee.
- 3. In the melee that followed they trampled their mother a couple of times.
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
- 4. Weapons come in two basic categories: melee and ranged.
- 武器分为两大类: 近战和远程.
- 5. The Templar is a melee oriented character with minimal ranged support weaponry.
[ melee 造句 ]