1、oc- "over" + cup- (intensive form of cap-) + -ancy.
2、含义：take over, seize, take into possession, possess, occupy.
- occupancy (n.)
- 1590s, "condition of being an occupant;" from occupant + -cy. Meaning "fact of occupying" is from 1833; that of "proportion of available space that is occupied" is attested by 1974.
- 1. Tour operators report low occupancy rates.
- 2. Hotel occupancy has been as low as 40%.
- 3. Prices are based on full occupancy of an apartment.
- 4. He took uninterrupted occupancy of this position for ten years.
- 5. The occupancy rate of beds has been averaging out about 80 percent.
[ occupancy 造句 ]