来自英国著名小说家斯宾塞创作的人物Braggadocchio, 一个喜欢吹嘘而傲慢的人，来自brag, 吹嘘。
- braggadocio (n.)
- Spenser's coinage, 1590, as a name for his personification of vainglory, from brag, with augmentative ending by analogy to the Italian words then in vogue in England. In general use by 1594 for "an empty swaggerer;" of the talk of such persons, from 1734.
- 1. He was disliked because his manner was always full of braggadocio.
- 2. Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity ( David Ansen )
- 在他笨拙的自夸里蕴含着一丝纯洁 ( 戴维安森 )
- 3. Fink: american frontiersman and folk hero known for his marksmanship, fighting skills, and braggadocio.
- 芬克: 以枪法 、 斗技和吹牛而出名的美国拓荒者和民间英雄人物.
[ braggadocio 造句 ]