- proprietor (n.)
- 1630s, "owner, by royal grant, of an American colony," probably from proprietary (n.) in sense "property owner" (late 15c., see proprietary). In general sense of "one who holds something as property" it is attested from 1640s.
- 1. He was the sole proprietor with total management control.
- 2. The proprietor was an old acquaint-ance of his.
- 3. He is now sole proprietor of the business.
- 4. " What a fish it was, " the proprietor said.
- “ 多大的鱼呀, " 饭店老板说.
来自英汉文学 - 老人与海
- 5. " Well, you can suit yourself, Mr. Wheeler,'said the proprietor.
- “ 那么, 你看着办吧, 惠勒先生. " 店主说.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
[ proprietor 造句 ]