CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
来自拉丁语 regere,统治，管理，词源同 regulate.即管理区域。
- region (n.)
- c. 1300, "tract of land of a considerable but indefinite extent," from Anglo-French regioun, Old French region "land, region, province" (12c.), from Latin regionem (nominative regio) "a district, portion of a country, territory, district; a direction, line; boundary line, limit," noun of state from past participle stem of regere "to direct, rule" (see regal). Phrase in the region of "about" (of numbers, etc.) is recorded from 1961.
- 1. The power stations burn coal from the Ruhr region.
- 2. There is tension in the region following the killing of seven civilians.
- 3. Every country in the region was a military dictatorship.
- 4. This south-west region of France is the home of claret.
- 5. The scheme will cost in the region of six million pounds.
[ region 造句 ]