- n. [测] 铅锤，坠子
- vi. 垂直落下；（价格、水平等）骤然下跌
TEM8 IELTS GRE
- plummet: see plumb
- plummet (n.)
- late 14c., "ball of lead, plumb of a bob-line," from Old French plomet "graphite, lead; plummet, sounding lead," diminutive of plom "sounding lead" (see plumb (n.)).
- plummet (v.)
- 1620s, "to fathom, take soundings," from plummet (n.). Meaning "to fall rapidly" first recorded 1933, perhaps originally among aviators. Related: Plummeted; plummeting.
- 1. We'd revise to rewire the building, re plummet re - plumb it.
- 我们必须给大楼重换电线, 重新使它立直.
- 2. Stocks that plummet to half their value aren't losers, they're'non - performers '.
- 股票价格跌了一半的人不是失败者, 而是 “ 表现不佳”.
- 3. Mengniu and Yili have seen their shares plummet since the incident broke.
- 4. The prices of the shares may ~ or plummet within one day.
- 5. Pieces of rock plummet down the mountainside to the ground below.
[ plummet 造句 ]