- n. 板条，编条；[林] 金合欢树；枝条编成的篱笆
- adj. 板条的；由编条做成的
- vt. 用编条做成
- wattle (n.2)
- "fleshy appendage below the neck of certain birds," 1510s (extended jocularly to human beings, 1560s), of uncertain origin and of doubtful relationship to wattle (n.1). Related: Wattled.
- wattle (n.1)
- "stakes interlaced with twigs and forming the framework of the wall of a building," Old English watol "hurdle," in plural "twigs, thatching, tiles," related to weðel "bandage," from Proto-Germanic *wadlaz, from PIE *au- (3) "to weave" (see weeds). Surviving in wattle-and-daub "building material for huts, etc." (1808).
- 1. walls made of wattle and daub
- 2. The physicochemical properties and rheology of gum black wattle was studied.
- 3. There is a house with wattle fence in the picture.
- 4. Wattle is purpose - built to withstand the country's droughts, winds and bush fires.
- 人们种植金合欢,为的是用它来抵挡干旱 、 风沙和丛林大火.
- 5. Fig .1、2 The ultrastructure of leaf cells of black wattle at 20℃.
[ wattle 造句 ]