- n. 管家；宫廷大臣；（村镇的）掌管财物的人
- n. (Chamberlain)人名；(英)张伯伦
chamber, 室。-lain, 小词后缀，同-ling, 见underling.
- chamberlain (n.)
- early 13c., from Old French chamberlenc "chamberlain, steward, treasurer" (Modern French chambellan), from a Germanic source (perhaps Frankish *kamerling; compare Old High German chamarling, German Kämmerling), from Latin camera "chamber, room" (see camera) + Germanic diminutive suffix -ling.
- 1. Richard Chamberlain has agreed to make a sequel to "The Thorn Birds".
- 2. Chamberlain scored 50 or more points four times in the season.
- 3. Chamberlain conceived the idea that the city hospital was badly managed.
- 4. Thus Chamberlain led Britain into war.
- 5. Mr. Chamberlain was their chosen leader.
[ chamberlain 造句 ]