- pensive: see pansy
- pensive (adj.)
- late 14c., from Old French pensif "thoughtful, distracted, musing" (11c.), from penser "to think," from Latin pensare "weigh, consider," frequentative of pendere "weigh" (see pendant). Related: Pensively; pensiveness.
- 1. He looked suddenly sombre, pensive.
- 2. You may remember the way each scene ended with someone looking pensive or significant.
- 3. He became so pensive that she didn't like to break into his thought.
- 4. What are you so pensive about?
- 你这么专心,在想些 什么 ?
- 5. She had a gentle voice and pensive expression.
[ pensive 造句 ]