tri-, 三，-enn,年，词源同 annual,biennial.
- triennial (adj.)
- 1630s, "lasting three years;" 1640s, "occurring every three years," with -al (1) + Latin triennium "three-year period," from tri- "three" (see tri-) + annus "year" (see annual). For vowel change, see biennial. As a noun, 1630s. Related: Triennially.
- 1. The triennial Council on Legislation affects all club and district activities.
- 2. We signed a triennial contract yesterday.
- 3. Ming Wanli three decades ( 1607 ), held in Beijing, the national triennial imperial examinations.
- 明万历三十年 ( 1607年 ), 北京举行三年一度的全国科举会考.
[ triennial 造句 ]