CET6+ TEM4 CET4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- slipper (n.)
- type of loose, light indoor footwear, late 15c., agent noun from slip (v.), the notion being of a shoe that is "slipped" onto the foot. Old English had slypescoh "slipper," literally "slip-shoe."
- 1. His father meted out punish-ment with a slipper.
- 2. I rescued the remains of my slipper from the dog.
- 3. A soft leather slipper traditionally worn by native Americans.
- 4. Cinderella: And You see, I have the other slipper.
- 灰姑娘: (灰姑娘穿上鞋)而且你看, 我有另一只鞋.
- 5. When he reached the door, all he found was one glass slipper.
- 当他来到大门口, 只找到一只玻璃鞋.
[ slipper 造句 ]