CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
- commemorate (v.)
- 1590s, from Latin commemoratus, past participle of commemorare "bring to remembrance" (see commemoration). Related: Commemorated; commemorates; commemorating.
- 1. A series of movies will be shown to commemorate the 30th anniversary of his death.
- 2. This building was built to commemorate the Fire of London.
- 3. A special version of "Casablanca" is being released on video to commemorate the film's 50th birthday.
- 4. Some galleries commemorate donors by inscribing their names on the walls.
- 5. Today he should commemorate Comrade Ogilvy.
[ commemorate 造句 ]