cortis, 皮层，见cortex. -one, 化学名词后缀。因提炼自肾上腺皮层而得名。
- cortisone (n.)
- 1949, coined by its discoverer, Dr. Edward C. Kendall, shortening of chemical name, 17-hydroxy-11 dehydrocorticosterone, ultimately from Latin corticis (genitive of cortex; see cortex). So called because it was obtained from the "cortex" of adrenal glands; originally called Compound E (1936).
- 1. If the cortisone doesn't take, I may have to have surgery.
- 2. There was never any outcry about that because cortisone is legal.
- 3. Cortisone should never be used as It'suppresses the immune system of an already compromised animal.
- 4. However, cortisone therapy and medicinal implants kept Kennedy alive.
- 然而, 可的松治疗和药物注射使肯尼迪活了下来.
- 5. You need a few minutes for cortisone to take.
[ cortisone 造句 ]