- adj. 柔和的；彩色蜡笔的，粉蜡笔的
- n. 粉蜡笔；粉蜡笔画
- n. (Pastel)人名；(法)帕斯泰尔
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. paste => pastel.
2. literally "material reduced to a paste".
3. paste (浆糊，粘贴) + l 象枝笔，糊状物做的笔
- pastel (n.)
- 1660s, "crayons, chalk-like pigment used in crayons," from French pastel "crayon," from Italian pastello "a pastel," literally "material reduced to a paste," from Late Latin pastellus "dye from the leaves of the woad plant," diminutive of pasta (see pasta). Meaning "pale or light color" (like that of pastels) first recorded 1899. As an adjective from 1884.
- 1. Wallpapers for children too often come only in sickly pastel shades.
- 2. This design is in pastel colours with three rectangles and three triangles.
- 3. The rooms were decorated in delicate pastel shades.
- 4. Any car you can buy off the shelf in a pastel pink has got to be saying something.
- 5. Gouache , pastel and ink on paper laid on board.
- 水粉画, 蜡笔和纸张上的油墨规定.
[ pastel 造句 ]