- lynx:  The lynx, a member of the cat family, probably gets its name from its clear sight. It comes via Latin lynx from Greek lúgx, which probably derived from the same Indo-European root (*leuk-) as produced English light and (via Latin) illuminate, illustrate, lucid, luminous, lunar, and lustre. A precedent for its application to ‘seeing’ is provided by Greek leússein ‘see’.
=> illustrate, light, ounce
- lynx (n.)
- mid-14c., from Latin lynx (source of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian lince), from Greek lyngz, perhaps from PIE *leuk- "light" (see light (n.)), in reference to its gleaming eyes or its ability to see in the dark.
If that men hadden eyghen of a beeste that highte lynx, so that the lokynge of folk myghte percen thurw the thynges that withstonden it. [Chaucer's "Boethius," c. 1380]
Compare Lithuanian luzzis, Old High German luhs, German luchs, Old English lox, Dutch los, Swedish lo "lynx."
- 1. Could I take a look at that iron set ? Is it Lynx?
- 我可不可以看一看铁杆? 这是lynx牌 吗 ?
- 2. Used the LynX graphical interfaces, initialize ramble scene.
- 在LynX图形界面内, 初始化漫游场景.
- 3. The modeling method, process of the scene's formation and GUI lynx of Vega are explained.
- 介绍了利用Creator的 建模方法, 整个场景的生成过程,以及用Vega的图形界面Lynx和 它提供的函数来实现对整个场景的控制.
- 4. A forest full of lynx would certainly be a start.
- 5. But forget that for the pumas and lynx at the Queens Zoo.
[ lynx 造句 ]