CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
con-, 强调。-str, 拉长，拉紧，词源同strict,strain.
- constrain: see strain
- constrain (v.)
- early 14c., constreyen, from stem of Old French constreindre (Modern French contraindre) "restrain, control," from Latin constringere "to bind together, tie tightly, fetter, shackle, chain," from com- "together" (see com-) + stringere "to draw tight" (see strain (v.)). Related: Constrained; constraining.
- 1. The police used horses to constrain the crowd from violence.
- 2. It's the capacity of those roads which is going to constrain the amount of travel by car that can take place.
- 3. If they can, constrain him to belong to their desperate odd - fellow society.
- 要是可能, 还要强迫他参加他们无可救药的畸形社会.
- 4. As with dragging, a meta - key is often used to constrain the direction of a resize interaction.
- 和拖动一样, 元键在这里也可以用来约束调整尺寸操作的方向.
来自About Face 3交互设计精髓
- 5. A strong magnetic field can constrain electrons to move only along the field lines.
[ constrain 造句 ]