- n. 定音鼓
- n. (Timpani)人名；(意)廷帕尼
来自意大利语 timpani,鼓，定音鼓，来自拉丁语 tympanum,鼓，来自 typtein,敲打，拍打，词 源同 type,timbre,tympanum.
- timpani:  Timpani was borrowed from Italian, where it is the plural of timpano ‘kettledrum’. This in turn went back via Latin tympanum ‘drum’ (source of English tympanum ‘ear-drum’ ) to Greek túmpanon ‘drum’, a close relative of the verb túptein ‘hit’. Part of the same word-family is timbre ‘sound-quality’ , whose French antecedent meant ‘bell hit with a hammer’.
=> timbre, tympanum
- timpani (n.)
- 1876, plural of timpano (1740), from Italian timpani "drums," from Latin tympanum "drum" (see tympanum). Related: Timpanist.
- 1. Percussionists are required to perform with snare drum, keyboard percussion and timpani.
- 敲击乐须能演奏小军鼓, 键盘敲击乐器及定音鼓.
- 2. Lacking an indigenous alternative, the orchestra finds its timpani in timpani.
- 缺乏其原有的替代品, 乐团就直接用定音鼓了.
- 3. The tender timpani of a baby robin heart.
- 4. Strings, bassoon, tuba, timpani and gran causa ( bass drum ) march along with moody determination.
- 弦乐 、 低音管 、 大号 、 定音鼓和低音鼓犹豫着前进.
[ timpani 造句 ]