- adj. 减弱的；被制服的；被抑制的
- v. 使服从，压制，减弱（subdue 的过去式和过去分词）
1. subduce "除去，减去" => subdue.
2. subdue 其实就是 subduce 经过古法语简化、变体而来。
3. subdue 的过去式和过去分词。
- subdued (adj.)
- c. 1600, "subjugated," past participle adjective from subdue. Meaning "calmed down, reduced in intensity" is recorded from 1822.
- 1. He faced the press, initially, in a somewhat subdued mood.
- 2. The audience are strangely subdued, clapping politely after each song.
- 3. The lighting was subdued.
- 4. He seemed a bit subdued to me.
- 5. I felt strangely subdued when it was all over.
[ subdued 造句 ]