- vi. 认输，屈服；屈从，停止反抗；有条件投降；让步
TEM8 IELTS GRE
来自capitulation的回构词，原指协议，条款，来自词根cap, 头。-ul, 小词后缀。指小头，一条一条的条款，后指有条件投降，比较chapter。
- capitulate: see chapter
- capitulate (v.)
- 1570s, "to draw up in chapters" (i.e., under "heads"), in part a back-formation from capitulation, in part from Medieval Latin capitulatus, past participle of capitulare "to draw up in heads or chapters, arrange conditions." Often of terms of surrender, hence meaning "to yield on stipulated terms" (1680s). Related: Capitulated; capitulating.
- 1. They were finally forced to capitulate to the terrorists' demands.
- 2. The ememy was warned to capitulate or face annihilation.
- 3. The appealing tone of Ishmasl Young's voice made Collins capitulate.
- 4. When I came to him he began to capitulate with me.
- 5. The whole course of my life proves that I never capitulate.
[ capitulate 造句 ]