TEM8 IELTS GRE
- molest (v.)
- late 14c., "to cause trouble, grief, or vexation," from Old French molester "to torment, trouble, bother" (12c.) and directly from Latin molestare "to disturb, trouble, annoy," from molestus "troublesome, annoying, unmanageable," perhaps related to moles "mass" (see mole (n.3)) on notion of either "burden" or "barrier." Meaning "sexually assault" first attested 1950. Related: Molested; molesting.
- 1. Warrior, hand of mine shall never molest your scalp.
- 战士, 我的手决不碰你的头皮.
- 2. If I were gone, all these would molest you.
- 如果没有我, 这一切都会来骚扰你.
- 3. He was within his walls, secure from all molest.
- 他在自己屋里, 不受任何干扰.
- 4. But it can molest Maria.
- 5. The secret police dared not molest Mr. Zuo, they were just out to frighten Mr. Cao.
- 他们不敢得罪左先生, 而得吓吓就吓吓曹先生.
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
[ molest 造句 ]