CET6 TEM4 IELTS 考 研
- leaflet (n.)
- 1787 as a term in botany; 1867 as a term in printing and publication; diminutive of leaf (n.) with -let.
A newspaperman asked the British authorities for a copy of the leaflets distributed in Germany by British airplanes. According to the London Daily Herald, his request was refused with the following answer: "Copies are not given out, as they might fall into enemy hands." ["The Living Age" magazine, Sept. 1939-Feb. 1940]
- 1. Judy reached into her handbag and handed me a small printed leaflet.
- 2. The leaflet is available free of charge from post offices.
- 3. The leaflet explains how to complain to the banking ombudsman.
- 4. The enclosed leaflet shows how Service Care can ease all your worries.
- 5. PS. Please show your friends this letter and the enclosed leaflet.
[ leaflet 造句 ]