1、e- / ex- "out, away" + lucid- + -ate.
e-, 向外。-lucid, 照明，词源同light, lucid.
- elucidate (v.)
- 1560s, perhaps via Middle French élucider (15c.) or directly from Late Latin elucidatus, past participle of elucidare "make light or clear," from assimilated form of ex- "out, away" (see ex-) + lucidus "clear" (see lucid). Related: Elucidated; elucidates; elucidating.
- 1. Haig went on to elucidate his personal principle of war.
- 2. The note help to elucidate the most difficult parts of the text.
- 3. The object is to addle and not to elucidate.
- 4. You have not understood; allow me to elucidate.
- 你没理解, 让我解释一下.
- 5. Please elucidate the reasons for your decision.
[ elucidate 造句 ]