- vt. 把…割成薄片；削匀；研磨
- vi. 逃避责任；匆匆而去
来自古诺斯语 skifa,切，削，使成薄片，词源同 shave,削，刮。词义逃学等词源不详。
- skive: see eschew
- skive (v.1)
- "split or cut into strips, pare off, grind away," 1825, from a Scandinavian source such as Old Norse skifa "to cut, split," from Proto-Germanic *skif-, from Proto-Indo-European *skei- "to cut, split" (see shed (v.)). Related: Skived; skiving.
- skive (v.2)
- "evade duty," usually with off, 1919, probably from earlier sense "move lightly and quickly, dart" (1854), of unknown origin. Related: Skived; skiving.
- 1. Almost everybody'skids skive off school.
- 2. I can skive off for a few hours.
- 3. I decided to skive off school and tell my mum I had a bad headache.
- 4. We have to do something to fill the hours, so what we do is cyber - skive.
- 我们不得不做些事情来打发时间, 于是我们在网上磨洋工.
[ skive 造句 ]