1. ef- "out" + fus- + -ive.
2. => pour out.
ef-, 向外。-fus, 流，词源同confuse, fusion.
- effusive (adj.)
- "flowing profusely" (especially of words), 1660s, from Latin effus-, stem of effundere "to pour forth, spread abroad" (see effusion) + -ive. Hence, "with extravagant display of feelings" (1863). Related: Effusively.
- 1. He was effusive in his praise for the general.
- 2. She was very gushing and very effusive.
- 3. He was effusive in his praise.
- 4. Every visitor noticed that her effusive welcome was not sincere.
- 5. I asked, hospitable still, but not exactly effusive.
- 我依然殷勤地问道, 但已不是那么曲意逢迎了.
[ effusive 造句 ]