- n. [植保] 黑穗病；煤尘；污迹
- vi. 弄脏；患黑穗病
- vt. 弄脏；使害上黑穗病
- n. (Smut)人名；(泰)沙穆
来自动词 smutten,玷污，弄脏，来自 Proto-Germanic*smitan,涂抹，来自 PIE*sme,涂抹，词源 同 smear.引申词义污秽言语，淫秽小说等。
- smut:  Smut is a member of a large but loosely-knit family of West Germanic words beginning with sm and ending in t or d that convey the general notion of ‘putting dirt on something’. Others include German schmutzen ‘get dirty’ and English smudge , and also English smite, which originally meant ‘smear’. Smut itself may have been borrowed from Low German smutt.
=> smite, smudge
- smut (n.)
- 1660s, "black mark, stain," from verb smutten "debase, defile" (late 14c.), later "stain or mark with soot, etc." (1580s), cognate with Middle High German smotzen "make dirty," from West Germanic *smutt- (cognates: Middle High German smuz "grease, dirt;" German Schmutz "dirt," schmutzen "to make dirty"). The meaning "indecent or obscene language" is first attested 1660s.
- 1. I find the media'sgrowing obsession with smut and sensation deplorable.
- 2. There is smut on the windows.
- 3. There is a smut dealer just near the high school.
- 4. Here comes the smut, Martha. Dad is drunk and cursing heaven again.
- 玛莎, 脏话出来了. 爸醉了,又在诅咒老天爷.
- 5. The tabloid papers are full of smut.
[ smut 造句 ]