TEM8 IELTS GRE
1、con- "with" + sign-.
2、字面含义为：sealing with a sign, mark with a sign.
- consign: see sign
- consign (v.)
- early 15c., "to ratify by a sign or seal," from Middle French consigner (15c.), from Latin consignare "to seal, register," originally "to mark with a sign," from com- "together" (see com-) + signare "to sign, mark," from signum "sign" (see sign (n.)). Commercial sense is from 1650s. Related: Consignee; consignor.
- 1. It was time to consign his bat and glove to the cupboard.
- 2. Consign these goods to Warner and Smith by express.
- 3. We cannot agree to consign the goods.
- 4. Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition!
- 啊! 我们是多么欢欢喜喜地使自己沦于万劫不复的境地 啊 !
- 5. Article of food ( furniture, clothing , export, import, utility , value, consign )
- 食用品 ( 家具 、 衣着类 、 进 、 出口货、实用品 、 贵重品、委托买卖品 )
[ consign 造句 ]