英 [əb'skɒnd; æb-]
1. abs- "away" + condere "put together, store", from con- "together" + dere "put, place" => abscond.
2. => hide, conceal, put out of sight.
3. => The notion is of "hide oneself," especially to escape debt or the law.
- abscond (v.)
- 1560s, from Middle French abscondre and directly from Latin abscondere "to hide, conceal, put out of sight," from ab(s)- "away" (see ab-) + condere "put together, store," from com- "together" (see com-) + -dere "put," from PIE *dhe- "to put, place" (see factitious). The notion is of "to hide oneself," especially to escape debt or the law. Related: Absconded; absconder; absconding.
- 1. Afterwards, they sell the ship and the goods and abscond.
- 然后, 他们卖掉船和货物,各自潜逃.
- 2. Kenobi managed to kill Grievous , and abscond with his starfighter.
- 克诺比试图击毙了格里沃斯, 并拿他的战斗机逃跑了.
- 3. The driver listened, at once pop - up car goes, drive abscond.
- 司机听了, 连忙跳上车去, 驾车潜逃.
- 4. Recently, will abscond toward Shenzhen's Li to capture.
- 近日, 将逃匿往深圳的李某抓获.
- 5. He is unlikely to abscond.
[ abscond 造句 ]