前缀ad-, 去，往。词根ag, 做。催人奋进的话。
- adage:  Adage was borrowed, via French, from Latin adagium ‘maxim, proverb’. This seems to have been formed from a variant of aio ‘I say’ plus the prefīx ad- ‘to’. In the 16th and 17th centuries an alternative version, adagy, existed.
- adage (n.)
- "brief, familiar proverb," 1540s, Middle French adage, from Latin adagium "adage, proverb," apparently from adagio, from ad- "to" (see ad-) + *agi-, root of aio "I say," from PIE *ag- "to speak." But Tucker thinks the second element is rather ago "set in motion, drive, urge."
- 1. The adage " Trade is better than aid " is clearly of great relevance to agriculture.
- “ 贸易胜于援助, ” 这一格言对于农业显然是十分中肯的.
- 2. But the old adage that men grow into office has not proved true in my experience.
- 3. Answering probably an adage: The day fails the person wishes.
- 或许正应了一句老话: 天不遂人愿.
- 4. Han Jia , I think both of us have followed this adage.
- 韩佳, 我觉得我们俩就是这么做的.
- 5. You've heard the adage many times about turning lemons into lemonade, right ?
- 相信你已经听过这个谚语很多次了吧,是关于把柠檬变成柠檬汽水的, 是 吗 ?
[ adage 造句 ]